Founded on the instructions of Strongbow, the 2nd Earl of Pembroke, Dunbrody Abbey was built in the late 12th Century. The
largest of its kind in Ireland, it flourished as a Cistercian monastery until the ‘Dissolution of the Monasteries’ under Henry VIII.
The visitor centre also hosts a Hedge Maze made with 1500 yew trees, a Craft Gallery with the Dunbrody Castle Doll’s House, Tea rooms and a pitch and putt course. Groups welcome, booking essential.
Address: Campile,New Ross, Co. Wexford
Guided Tours: Available on request. Contact Patrick.
Opening Times: Seasonal – see website for details
Entrance Fee: Yes – see website for details
Continue along the Norman Way…
Heading East: Ballyhack Castle Heading West: Kilmokea Cemetery